Footage under the bridge (Ahhh see what I did there?)

Today I finally got around to shooting some footage under the bridge that I had mentioned in a previous post.

Reccee-wise there isn’t really much to say other than the usual traffic and pedestrian risks, there is also the risk of tripping on uneven surface etc but nothing comon sense wouldn’t help fix. One of the main issues I had with the location was that it was easy to get to and there were no signs telling me to keep out, there were also little problems when filming. Luckily  I don’t need audio because the levels were constantly peaking as it is a busy road… Bridge… Thing.

Image here

So I asked my friend Natasha to help me film and be part of my project as I thought it’d be more interesting if there was someone in the footage to focus on rather than lacking a focus point to the footage, it just seemed odd to have footage without someone or something to focus on. We tried a number of shots that might work, trying to film a handheld shot with a bad back was a little more difficult that I thought (that will teach me for carrying too much and using my back to lift things rather than bending my knees >_<) but the shots I did get I’m actually quite happy with, the exposure could be better but if I hadn’t tried filming today then I would likely have missed out on filming at least until Monday. Plus it gave me something to think about other than worrying about things I can’t help with back home.

The plan is to do another shoot on Monday in the same area, providing the weather being okay. Though I should make sure I have my camera set up correctly and make sure I have my glasses with me (as much as I don’t mind wearing them they do get in the way a little) anyway… The plan is to re-shoot but it also depends on Nat’s group work. However I feel like my work is starting to progress a little more now.

There are two main plans for the footage I have recorded today, first is to see if it’ll work for some planar tracking if it does great! If not, then the back up is to create a matte painting to tick off that criteria, though I am a little unsure if it’d work since there is a lot of movement. Then again I do have a few shots that are static and on a tripod, just in case.