Footage under the bridge… Mk2

Today I started my reshoots as the footage that I had captured was incorrectly white balanced in previous work. Luckily the location was left the same since last time, no construction had begun and the weather was pretty good, yet oddly cold. As with last time my friend Natasha helped me by being in the scene, adding a subject to focus on made the shots work as there is at least some action being shown in the scene.

I took Jon’s advice and decided to use the slider to make the shots interesting but also so the shots had some parallax, unlike last time I decided to book the larger slider (which was larger than I expected) and shot a number of variations of the shot I plan to use for my final work, however whilst filming the tripods had the spirit levels removed and the one on the slider itself was always centred. Another issue I had was that for some reason the slider wasn’t as stable as I had hoped, there was also the issue of having to deal with the slider itself getting stuck on as it went over the spirit level.

Jon also suggested that I take a 360 panorama of the location to get a sense of the lighting for later; I tried out a number of free apps on the google play store and found that most worked up until stitching the image together then they required a payment, so instead I used Google Cardboard to take this panorama:

https://goo.gl/vrphoto/7ecgXCWmaITW7I1f2

hopefully this will work as an environment map… But I get the sneaking suspicion that it won’t.

However, despite the few issues I decided to continue on and got a number of shots that I like but can’t decide which one to use: