Well… That didn’t go to plan.

Today I have been pretty sick, even had the shakes and dizziness so that put filming on hold for today. However I have decided to go into uni mostly to take my mind off of being sick and do some work on the shot I have along with creating a 3D model or a few based on my project. The current idea for the model is for some sort of air tank to be left behind and rusted in a location.

Last night I asked for feedback on the shots I had recorded with Natasha yesterday, so far I have had 3 responses and so far the common agreement is on shot 2 and 4 which is great because these were some of my favourites but I kinda like shot 2 most as there is little movement but there is still enough to draw the eye to Natasha rather than looking around the location. I am considering using this shot as a plate for a matte painting though in hindsight it would have proven more effective to use a green screen at the end rather than try to “eyeball” it, with this in mind I may have to rotoscope Natasha’s head out of the shot to separate her from the background; the issue that I can potentially see is that the light cast on Natasha’s hair might make the shot more difficult than planned as differentiating the colours may be a little more tricky.

To start with I decided to model a large gas tank that would be a in urban locations narrative wise the idea is that it will be a large oxygen tank, which is why the main colour is a light grey with a blue trim on the indents.

gas tank