So far this week…

After having a pretty low start to the week I have managed to select one of my three finals, despite what the common selection was I have decided to go with the clip where Natasha is sat still, rather than picking a shot that has a lot of movement in this is primarily to remove the need for rotoscoping and should (fingers crossed) mean that I can get this shot finished over the next few days and cross it off my list.

With this in mind I had spent most of monday working on this shot and with a little help from John I managed to get this test render exported; the 3D elements stick to the floor well and don’t move, however there is a small issue of seeing the floor planes shadow that was rendered, will try to sort this with the next export.

Today (Tuesday) however, I have gone out and about Lincoln trying to shoot locations that would work for my 3D Projection Mapping. I have a number of images that might work as the main plate for a matte painting and able to be built upon… Though next time I should take a tripod, guess that will teach me to make sure I have the correct days booked for equipment.

NCP High Street MSCP

This was shot from the floor that was below the floor leading to the roof which was blocked off to the public so that makes this location less viable than others that I shot later in the day. Whilst there I also found that there were the same risks as all the other locations such as traffic hazard, pedestrians could be a potential risk and potential slip and trip risks.

However with this location in mind I also went around other car parking locations, one of the main ones that I liked was a private parking area between shops such as the Card Factory on the highstreet (opposite Iceland), and other larger ones such as the NCP Car Park at St. Rumbled Street and the Lucy Towers multi-storey car park near the Odeon cinema. (see below)

Alley next to Card Factory
On top of Lucy Tower multi-storey

Out of the numerous photos I took for my projection mapping aspect of the project there were only a few that I liked such as the following.